Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help with a ballet move PLEASE?

I need to know the name of the ballet turn that you put your foot up on the side of your knee with your leg bent then turn. I need to know because I think I am doing it wrong, but if I have the name of the move I can see how to do it. Thx!



Help with a ballet move PLEASE?chicago theater



It could be 2 different turns, The position you are speaking of, with the foot pointed to the knee is called passe'. While in passe, you can do a pirouette turn or a pique turn.



In a pirouette, you begin from a 4th position plie and push up to passe' while turning. You typically land in front 5th.



In a pique turn, you start in plie and tendu to the side (2nd). You then push up to releve on the leg that was in tendu and the other leg goes to the passe' while you turn. You finish by stepping out of the turn into plie and tendu to start another turn.



Help with a ballet move PLEASE?met opera opera theater



Pirouette
pirouette
It is called a pirouette. The foot-beside-the-knee-thing is called passe. You can do a pirouette turned out or parallel.



I hope that helped!
that's a pirouette
Are you reffering to "Piroquettes" ?
I would tell you but you already know I think....because everyone has said it
It's a pirrouette.
if u go striaght up into a turn than yr probably talking abour a piroutte, but if u step onto it then it is a pique. =)
sounds like a pirouette but your explanation is hard to decipher
i think you are talking about a passe

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection