Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is 5'1" to short for ballet?

I am 15 and seriously considering starting ballet. Does ballet have hright restrictions? I'm only 5'1".



Is 5'1" to short for ballet?



I'd say it's better off being short (I myself am only 5'2).



One reason being you have more room to move around the stage, the second being the smaller you are, generally the less you weigh, so it is easier for your partner.



5'1 is a pretty good height. There are no height restrictions in ballet anyways.



Is 5'1" to short for ballet?opera mobile opera theater



I don't know much about ballet, but I don't think you're too short. If you would like to start, go for it.
who cares if they have height discrimination do you want to do it i dont think it matters if your the size of jiminy cricket it its in your heart and its a flame do it
Not too short. Being small can be an advantage, especially in pas de deux.
If ballet had a height restrictions there wouldn't be people 3'1 in there . So i say go for it!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
nope.....i think i read somewhere that the ideal dancer is only like 5'4 and if your short then it is easier for the guys when you have to do a pas de deux...it is lie a partner dance in ballet and i may have spelled it wrong. and i hope not i am really short bout 2 inches shorter than you have I've been dancing since i was 4. even if there was a height restriction I would stop it from letting me dance...i love it too much.
NO , you only need to practice alot! besides your not even done growing yet! take a vitamin drink milk!
=) i dun think so
actually, if your skinny, then your probably okay, i'm 13 and i'm 5'9" and i'm fighting to to get better at ballet so i can go on pointe, so your fine!
There are no height restrictions in ballet, or any dance form rather. If you happen across a studio that says as much, look around for another school to study with. 5'1 is perfectly fine for ballet. Height isn't so much a factor as talent and devotion. I would highly recommend going for it! Ballet is great fun as well as exercise, it's massive part of my 5'3 life. Good luck and have fun!
i started ballet at 2 and i was like 2" something. I am 13 now and dance with taller people. I am 5'5" now, but I KNOW they donh't have height restrictions. They care about how well you dance and not how tall/ short you are. Start dancing because it's worth it and after a while, you'll see what I mean. Good Luck :)
No. Children do ballet. You're not too short. Im only 5'2 and I've been taking ballet for 5 years.
There is no height rescrisction in ballet - anyone can do it. Good luck and go for it! :)
You are not too short. I've danced pas de deux with women that short all the way up to 6'1".
of course not. well it depends what dance school. but as long as you have the passion to stay with it then you should do it. i started when i was 5 and i am 14 tuning 15 and still doin it!!!
Being small has its restrictions but it also has many more advantages. A pas de duex is said to be easier with a small girl. Some men in ballet are small and get very fussy if a girl is taller than them. You will be easier to lift when partnering. The only setback is that when your on a stage you might and this is a might not be considered for a prima ballerina or a soloist because since you are smaller your leg (even if it is past your head) doesnt look as high as someone who is taller. But i have been in a company where the prima was only 5 feet and it was because her talent made her look taller that all the other girls. Take this advice from someone has been with four major ballet companys in london, New York, Paris, and now I'm Giselle in my hometowns production of it. But i say go for it! Work your hardest and you will be noticed.
no! the shorter the better!!!! you need to be small enough, because dacnicng on pointe adds so much to one's height and for partnering that could cause problems.
I'm 5'0" and I do ballet. I don't think there are restrictions, but even if there was, who cares? Do what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection