Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I do ballet?

I recently started taking a Jazz dance class. It's for Beginners and Intermediate. I really really like it. The only problem is everyone seems to know what there doing and there really flexible. I am going to do Jazz in the fall but I really wanted to pick up another class. I am thinking about ballet but I am not sure if I will be flexible enough or good enough. What should I do?



Should I do ballet?opera mobile



Ballet is excellent. It is the mother of dance (jazz, tap, lyrical, everything else all comes form ballet) so it will help you regardless of what other types of dace you persue.



It is excellent for developing your core which is what helps you balance and turn.



Ballet in general is very basic, That is to say there are basic steps you perfect and progress from there all advanced ballet steps come right from what you do at barre. Professional athelets frequently take ballet so the learn to be 'light' on their feet.



So yes, you should absolutely go for it.



Should I do ballet?imax theatre opera theater



By your profile, you don't impress me as someone who'd look all that good in tights.
My college dance teacher always said everyone can dance....Give a shot! At least try it! If you don't like it, you can always stop but this way you won't wonder! The flexibilty and muscle strength will come with time. Practice everyday. You can do it! Good luck!
I would suggest talking to the Ballet instructor or even the Jazz instructor. Just because "everyone seems to know what they're doing" doesn't mean they do, btw. Take a beginning ballet class (and don't WORRY about being GOOD enough - you haven't DONE ballet, how could you be good at it yet??), or even yoga if you are concerned about flexibility.
If you are just starting out, the yes I suggest to take a ballet class. Every single type of class relates to ballet. Also, when you take a ballet class it shows your teachers you are a dedicated person, and you are more likely to move up to a higher level sooner. When I was younger I had one bad year of jazz class, because I was little I stopped taking it. Now that I am older, I have realized that stopping jazz at an early age caused me to stop advancing with my friends. Now after 12 years of classes, I tell everybody about my horrible mistake, and tell them to do otherwise.



So, just take up the ballet class. It will really help with your turns and flexibility. So many ballet moves are also done in jazz, so it would really help.



Best of luck!!
my first year i took ballet and jazz.



in fact, everyone in my class did.



i guess it is great to do ballet because it gives you the flexibility and technique for other classes. I actually became flexible through jazz rather than ballet. do what you have to do but if you were to pick up another type of dance, I'd definitely would recommend ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection