Saturday, December 5, 2009

What are some ballet stretches?

i am a ballet dancer. i have a bad turn out and my hips arent flexible. i cant do the chinese splits or the regular splits. what are some stretches that can help?



What are some ballet stretches?getting late



well I have been dancing 9 years and I have been blessed with great turn-out and flexibility. Umm...defiantly the butterfly stretch works ... umm if you just stand up and slide your legs down until your in a straddle dont go all the way down...keep your self about 5 in. off this ground (center split) hold it for a bout a minute and a 1/2 then from there go forward until ur body is on the ground and hold the frog position...arch ur back and then attemp to get ur head to ur feet...i hope this helps you =]



What are some ballet stretches?regal theater opera theater



What I did when i reallllly wanted to get my split is I went against a wall and put my legs against the wall and then push..No I'm Not Trying To Make This Sound Slutty..but it actually worked..Now i can do my split!!
There is many simple ballet stetches that will help you in the long run. I have a horrible turnout as well, but my dance teacher told me this one trick that had helped me IMMENSELEY.



She told me to lie on my back with my legs in the air at a 90 degree angle; feet flexed. Then wrap an excercise band [such as the one shown at http://shop.justforkix.com/prodinfo.asp?... around the balls of your feet. Hold the rest of the band in your hands. Then, try turning out your feet as if you were in first position. The resistance of the band will create muscles that will infact make it easier to perform a regular turnout.



Hope this helps =]
For the regular splits, try lunging, keeping your knee from going over your toes. Then put the weight on your back knee and stretch your front leg forward and lean over your leg, then try the splits. For Chinese splits, put your legs on the wall and spread them as far as you can. Gravity will help push your legs down. And for hips and turn out, do the butterfly stretch or frog stretch.
side split stretches:



1st stretch:take a thick book and put it down on the ground then put one of your feet on it and go down into the splits position as far as u can and hold it there for like 2 minutes and switch legs.then do it without the book.



2nd stretch:put one leg straight in front and the other leg fully bended and try to touch your foot that is straight and hold it for like 1 min then switch legs.



3rd stretch do the splits as far as u can down and hold it for 1 or 2 mins and switch legs.



4th stretch:if u can do the splits then hold your front foot for 30sec-1min then sit straight and bend your back and extend your arms backwards and do it with the other leg.



5th stretch: do lunges



middle splits:



stretch:do it as far down as u can and hold it there for 1 or 2min and rest for a few minutes and do it again.



and yoga would help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection