Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it to late for me to learn ballet ?

Well actually relearn ballet, because I was in ballet for 3 years when I was 8-11 years old. I am now 16 and I have forgotten everything and I was wondering if it would be to late to learn ballet again since I never got to pointe.



About me:



-16(Age)



-5'8,127 pounds (Tall and thin)



Thank you for your help :)



Is it to late for me to learn ballet ?classical music



No. I don't think so. You just need to have the passion for it and the discipline that it takes. It might be a little harder now that your older. But YOU can do anything!



Is it to late for me to learn ballet ?ms stress opera theater



give it a try why not
Go for it!
Of course not...there are people who never learn to swim until they are adults so why not learn ballet when you are still young?
its never to late to learn anything.....if ur determined to re learn ballet...n if u can still flex and bend...go for it n enjoy....
actually you have to learn ballet since you're a kid, but if you try it hard, i'm sure you're not too late to remember it again
I have no doubt that is not to late to learn ballet. You are still young. However it may be too late for you to become really really good at it, you may have missed too much formative training. That being said if you have talent, desire, and the willingness to do the alarming amount of work necessary to become a dancer, you likely can become "a dancer". Good luck.
I learnt ballet when I was 5 till the age of 14. I was already in the Senior years then when I stopped my ballet classes.



After I started work, I had reconsider taking up the classes again but decided against it. It was because I don't think I am able to point my toes as much as I want to. %26amp; whenever I point my toes, I get cramps. So, I decided not to continue though it still remains as one of my passions. I sometimes still try to do some pirouettes %26amp; party pockers to amaze myself. Haha.



My advice to you, try to read up a bit %26amp; try some moves yourself. If you think you can manage, then you sign up. Also, you have to be flexible enough.



Another suggestion is to request for a try out in one of the classes. If you are able to manage, then you sign up for the class. If you can't manage, you can just still to watching.
well u can try.. but if u wanna be a profesional ballet dancer.. it's too late
It's never too late to learn. You may be surprised at how much you remember even if it was years ago. It is almost certainly too late for you to become a professional ballet dancer. BTW, your body type sounds great - Balanchine would have loved you....
No way! It's never too late to do something you enjoy. Besides, your 16- you'll re-learn the skills quickly. If you're dedicated, then it will be important to immediately become disciplined to learn it and you'll be fine. Most importantly- HAVE FUN!
sure its not too late unless ur thinking of taking it pro. but sure why not and pointe is AWSUM!
It's never too late. I know of dance studios that offer classes for adults who've never worn slippers before. Go for it!
It's never too late to LEARN ballet...



...but to excell at it, you should have started (and continued) when you were young. Something about learning the form while your body is still forming itself.



I myself took ballet at that age. It is fun, and easy to pick up again if you have the mind for dance.
you can start at any age... except that you might not be able to become a pro, you can have fun dancing anytime!
It's never too late. The dance school my girls go to have Ballet classes for adults. You may not be able to dance professionally, but it doesn't sound like that's your goal. Plus, it's good exercise!
go for it have fun with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection