Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I quit ballet?

I'm just suddenly sick of it. My mom made me press on when I was younger, and back then I was glad she did, but now I'm 16 and I feel like I'm just wasting time and gas. I have to drive an hour to get to class, and I'm sick of not being able to hang out with my friends and not getting my schoolwork done. I wanna do something else with my life right now, because I feel like ballet just isn't worth it anymore and it's not fun. I wanna go find something new and different, like working at a hair salon, or maybe working at a boarding barn for horses, my sister used to do that. I just want something new and my schedule is to overloaded for me to just be myself.



Should I quit ballet?comedy show



By all means, quit ballet! Ballet is extremely hard work and if you don't like doing it, there is no good reason to keep at it. I wish all the kids in this section who get the idea that they want to work professionally in dance before they've taken one single dance class would see your story and understand that being a dancer isn't easy.



It is so, SO important that you do what you love and follow your heart! Ballet will still always be a part of you. No one can take away what you've already gained from everything you've put into it. You're only young once, so do what you want to do.



Should I quit ballet?greek theater opera theater



yes
i think u should listen to your "gut" feeling it all depends on you!! But dont let anyone tell you what to do
The gas issue is valid. Talk to your mom. Tell her your reasons, and ask her to help supplement the costs. I'm sure you can get your schoolwork done AND do ballet if you prioritize your time right. In short, I don't think you should quit. It's great exercise, good training, will show responsiblility when you go get a job or apply to college. It will benefit you in the long run.
Do what u want w/ur time. If u don't enjoy dancing then just don't do it. Although u have spent alot of time on ballet and it would look good for colleges, if u do not enjoy it then u should just try something new. U only live for so long enjoy ur life!
Welcome to burnout.....happens to almost everyone eventually. Before you do anything drastic, try to figure out exactly why you are burned out. There may be something else besides the list of things you wrote down. Your school year is about over, just finish this season and take the summer off - don'even think about dance, then see how you feel in the fall when the season starts again. You may have a change of heart.



Your Mom shouldn't "make" you dance - it is not productive and adds strain to a relationship. You can always pick up ballet again at a later date as your body-brain link will remember everything. Good Luck and don't feel guilty about this. It is a sign that you need something different - at least for awhile.
I am dancing too but if i were you i would not quit.If you were blessed with this gift and can dance really good then I would not quit.Ballet is the key to all dance categories.So I would not quit,later you might also regret this choice.But you decide.Hope you will keep on dancing like an angel.
I too am 16 and have been dancing for 13 years now, and like you i too am quite fed up of ballet. There was one point in my life when i had 9 extra curricular activites out of school and 6 of them were ballet. Ballets hard work and i wish people could see thats its not just some pointing and arm twirling!! Personally i had this same feeling around grade 6, but my mum managed to persuade me to keep going. But me being stubborn i gave up for 2 weeks, but then i realised how much i missed it. Fair enough its hard work and long hours, but in the end this is a talent that you have been given and the opportunity is there for you too take.



I think maybe what you should do is decrease the amount of lessons you have a week or even change classes. So instead of doing grades (as they are a lot more pressured as you haveto take an exam), take a free class. This means you dont have to dedicate as much time to it and you dont HAVe to go every week. If you do decide to do either of those options, it will mean that you can then focus your time on other things that you want to do such as boarding barn horses!!



I hope watever decision you make is for the best (long term wise!!). But i still think if you've come this far, why give it all up entirely now??
good fur u. just do what u wanna do but if u do any more sports and go pro ure probaly to late.



go with ure gut.



??????
oh yeah! i hate ballet. its too slow and boring
i went thru the same thing. maybe you're just burned out. take some time off from dancing. you can go back later if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection