Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I start ballet?

I'll be 14 at the end of February %26amp; I really want to start ballet. I've been wanting to for a while but didn't start because I couldn't find a studio for late starters.



I really want to be able to become a skilled ballerina and I'm willing to work hard but I can't find a studio!



I might also be too big? I'm 5'3" and 89 pounds.



Should I start ballet?home theater



Are you anorexic? Jeepers.



It's never too late to start something you want to do. I say go for it!



Should I start ballet?comedy club opera theater



If you want to I say do it!



no one is too big for ballet
go for it.
It is never to late in life to start something. Go find your studio and get busy. You are not in any way, shape, or form to heavy to do this.
I SAY GO FOR IT. IF ITS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO, DONT LET ANYTHING HOLD YOU BACK.
You are not too big at all!!!!!! It does sound fun though!!!!
I think that you should do it. It is never too late to do something you want to. Go for it!
I love ballet. if you think its our passion you should do it too!
YES! START BALLET!!!



Weight is the biggest problem when you get older- that's why some people need more training when they are young. But obviously, you seem like you are in good shape. Ballet teachers love (well my teacher did) it when their students are small.



You might not be able to be a professional ballerina, but you can become a skilled one, if you take 2 classes a day, every day. I've met a soloist from ABT who started ballet at the age of 14 or something, and now, she's in a professional company! All you have to do is to prepare yourself for it- know that you would have to be able to make sacrifices and many difficult choices. And you have to work very very hard.



What is important though, is that you need to know what you want to do after you are 18 years old and you graduate high school. If you like ballet so much and want to become a skilled dancer, you might be considering to join a ballet company. Or there are other choices, like ballet teachers, or majoring in college in ballet/ dance.



If you want to find a studio, into a search system, you should type in your city, and then ballet studio. (ex. New York ballet studio). You have to come up with something. Plus, all ballet studios should let late starters in, too.



Good luck!!!
too big? 89 lbs at 5'3" is like a stick, girl! And go for it, if you want to. I'd love to do ballet, but finding the late starter course would be difficult. I say check out the YMCA (i used to take ballet when I was 3, that's where I took it)
i say your height is perfect.
If you really want to start ballet, then you should definitely follow through with your dream.
when u find a good studio, start, with dancing lessons ur skill could improve, but it is an extremely hard job n such a bitchy cutthroat world though it looks so beautiful.
Being a late starter means you will need to work more and harder to be competitive with girls who have been active ballerinas for years. There's no reason not to do it if you really want to. Just go into it fully aware of the pain your feet will suffer. Some of the best ballerinas work so hard at it that their feet bleed from the extreme trauma they go through in their routines. If you are that dedicated then you stand a chance against them in competitions for jobs. Otherwise just take it up for a hobby if you can afford it. It's great for flexibility, stamina, strength, and exercise.
Go for it! I know loads of people who started late.... %26amp; they got into really good ballet schools. I happen to be the youngest in my class %26amp; there are 18-year-olds who just started ballet. If you really want it, whats stopping you?
Hey umh I always say that it is never to late to do anything and never give up. Okay so u have i weighed problem but, if u are series about this u should start by going on a healthy diet and do some walking. And drink a lot of water and ask mom and dad to seaport u
It's never too late to start, especially if you're willing to put forth the effort. Too big?! I'm 5'6" and 115 lbs and I've been doing ballet for 14 years!
I've always wanted to try ballet, but I was always too scared to do it. If you really want to try ballet, go for it! I wish I had, and now the workload at school is getting to be too much to do it. At your age, you should be figuring out what you want to do in life, so trying lots of different things is good.



You are definatly not too big. I am 14 and I am 4'10" and weigh about 80 pounds. I think you should go for it.
Wow.... your too big? who told you that, you sound anorexic small...
your definitley not too big. so go for it! if thats what u really want then do it especially if ur willing to work hard. best of luck. hope this helps.
sure go 4 it!
Go for it kiddo, and don't let anybody tell you different! I know some adults who are beginners and they're doing fabulous!



Also try looking at ballet books and videos. Listen to classical ballet's like Giselle, The Nutcracker, and Swan Lake. Adapt to the music. Let it become a part of your body.



Watch the following movies: Save the Last Dance, Save the Last Dance 2, Center Stage, and Billy Elliot



Best of luck kiddo!
r u anorexic or something? 89 lbs at 5'3'' is skinny

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection