Thursday, December 10, 2009

Which are better ballet shoes, canvas or leather?

not for pointe just for ballet.



Which are better ballet shoes, canvas or leather?mr messed up



I prefer canvas shoes. As some people have said, they do get dirtier a little bit faster than leather shoes, but the good thing about canvas shoes is that you can just toss them in the washing machine and they'll look as good as new. (Just be sure your machine is set on the 'Gentle' or 'Delicate' cycle.)



I also feel that canvas will fit your feet better than leather, and it breathes better than leather too. But honestly, both types of shoe are good and it's really which type you prefer.



Which are better ballet shoes, canvas or leather?getting late opera theater



Leather are better, they will stretch and mold to your feet better than canvas can. Canvas is cheaper though.
I don't think there's much in it but generally leather shoes are more dearer , it depends on where you want to buy your shoes from.
It all depends on your preference.



Leather is more expensive but last a LOT longer than canvas.



Canvas is cheaper and doesn't last as long.



I wear canvas because I like the way the shoes look on my feet. They're faster to break in, but get dirty and smell bad after awhile.



Good Luck
I much prefer canvas (split-sole) for the look and feel. Leather does last longer though. There is also more friction between the floor and the shoe with leather, so if you're used to canvas be prepared for a different resistance.
i wear canvas because i think they look better on my feet, but like everyone else said, leather last longer.



here are some good canvas shoes



sansha pro 1C



Capezio Juliet
for class i like full sole leather beause it is harder to point and turn in them, but for performances i like split sole canvas because they make your feet look more arched and if you can do a double in leather you can do a triple in canvas, also leather last longer and looks cleaner adnd neater for a longer period of time
Split sole canvas seems to fit a dancer's feet better. it also allows your feet to breathe more than leather, which traps the heat and sweat inside your shoe, plus it is less expensive. =]
I prefer split sole canvas... Just because I don't like the friction against the floor with leather. I also like split sole (sansha's) because I have wide feet and they seem to fit my foot better and make it easier to get a nice point.



But this is obviously individual. I suggest trying on different shoes in a dance store with trained staff so that you can feel the difference on your feet.
I personally like canvas shoes, but it is personal preferance. some people like leather and others like canvas. i would try leather one time and canvas the next. then you can be the judge. If I were you i would do that and not take others advice. They don't know you and what you like.
i personally prefer leather just because i dont like how canvas looks on me. i just had to buy a new pair...first time since 8th grade (im 24!). they were OLD school leather, like before capezio ever even made the daisy full sole...i just kept glueing them back together lol. it really is a matter of personal preference though.
I would say that leather ballet shoes are better. Only because you can see your pointed foot better and it makes for a more presentable dancer.
i prefer leather. they last longer and they mold to your feet better. if you do get leather get split sole shoes, they look better on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection