Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I do RAD or CSTD ballet?

RAD - Royal Academy of Dance



CSTD - Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing



I'm 16 and my ballet teacher just gave me the choice to take up either RAD or CSTD Grade 5.



The general comments I got from my other ballet friends were that the RAD syllabus' prettier with nicer music and is also more recognised, while the CSTD is more technique-based (i.e. more boring).



Is this true? What other differences are there?



Which should I choose?



Should I do RAD or CSTD ballet?performing show



I've done both.



PLEASE DO RAD!



RAD defiantly has better music, they compose music to fit the steps while CSTD just puts music to the exercises. And as you've said, is more well known. CSTD also puts a different spin on steps that are a little strange in my experience.



So, yep, RAD!



Hope this helps :)



Should I do RAD or CSTD ballet?opera score opera theaterRAD definitely! Report It


RAD is better recognised, and therefore probably more prestigious if you want to go to dance college and train to be a professional dancer.
The RAD syllabus is very very good. And more well known and recognized.
RAD is definately better!!!
definatly RAD for grade 5, the dances are really fun and like you said, the music is pretty too.. i'd do RAD but what did your teacher do? cos she might be better at teaching one rather than the other?? x
That 's is up to you. It's your choice. Follow ur heart. But the difference is you saves 2 years in CSTD because it only has up to grade 6. I think both are alright. It doesn't matter you if you go for higher level in major
If you ever want to go pro you need technique more than pretty music. That is what makes a better dancer go farther in their career, You tend to stand out, have better potential and will be noticed by the right people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection